Established in 1972 by Patrick and Patricia Nicklin in their garage, HVC began by simply buying and selling pressed steel grilles and registers to warm air heating installers in the Black Country and wider West Midlands area.
In time the founders' sons, Jonathan and Jason joined the company, and with the next generation came a new desire to design and manufacture their own products. Initially starting out with simple grilles, the range grew over time to span from grilles and diffusers, to louvre systems and dampers.
The first decade of the 2000's brought the third generation of Nicklin family members into the company, meaning there are now three generations of the founding family working alongside an established management team with decades of invaluable experience, and a dedicated workforce which often includes multiple generations of the same families.
This structure of management and workforce gives HVC qualities few other companies can hope to match, with an attitude to business based on long term relationships with customers, suppliers and staff.
The company of today
Heavy investment over the last decade has resulted in us now operating from a purpose designed production and warehousing facility in the West Midlands, with our capabilities spanning right through from the conceptualisation of new designs, through to prototyping and then production. Contributiing to these abilities are:
- A design team making use of the latest software to rapidly take ideas from an initial concept to reality.
- A fully equipped aluminium product section, allowing the rapid production of grilles, diffusers and louvre systems.
- Four roll forming machines dedicated to the production of fire dampers and volume control dampers.
- A fully equipped sheet metal section, producing everything from plenum boxes to natural ventilation system components.
- A tool making department which maintains existing tooling and produces new tooling solely for our own use.
- A high capacity powder coating facility making use of two separate gas fired ovens and pre-treatment facility.
HVC by the numbers
- £11.4 million turnover in 2016, up from £9.1 million in 2015, and £7.9 million in 2014.
- Approximately 120 full time staff.70,000 square foot production facility.
- Over £2 million worth of stock.
- A technical department with over 70 years of combined industry experience.
- 560 solar panels on our factory roof, insulating us from future fuel cost rises and reducing our carbon footprint.
- An established and highly experienced management team and workforce, working alongside three generations of the founding Nicklin family.